8 Steps To Successful Social Media Marketing For Service Professionals
March 26, 2012
As a marketing game-changer, social media is best incorporated into your marketing by following a planned and methodical approach.
The following 8 steps offers an approach that will help you successfully develop and implement your social media marketing plan.
Step 1: Build On Your Brand
- what benefits do clients/customers enjoy as result of dealing with you instead of the competition?
Step 2: Give More Than You Expect To Receive
- preparing marketing communications that connect with prospective or actual clients and referral sources
Step 3: Understand That The Impossible Is Possible
- just because nobody else has done some specific thing it, it doesn’t mean it’s impossible
Step 4: Create A Playbook (And Be Prepared To Revise It)
- you need to have a plan and also a plan for when the plan changes
Step 5: Keep It Real
- social media feels the way you interact with friends, it feels more real than promotional copy
Step 6. Manage Your Social Media Continuously
- who is going to post your content and monitor comments?
Step 7: Build In Partnership & PR Potential
- be ready, willing and able to respond to whatever unexpected opportunities that may arise
Step 8. Ride Your Social Media Wave–You Can’t Control It
- using and applying it can be liberating and exhilarating.